29 July 2009

What…you mean like now?

I've been going nuts waiting to tell Frank we're having a baby! I couldn't tell him last night because he was only home for a few minutes and had to go to a training class out of town. I didn't want to tell him and then not be able to enjoy the time together after he found out.


So, I went out and bought the book, A Caveman's Guide to Pregnancy and a father's day card. I wrapped them up and when Frank got home we sat out on the porch. It was dark out and I told him I had a present for him. He opened the book and asked, "What...you mean like now?" (As if to say, "Will I need this book in the future or are you trying to tell me you're pregnant?") I showed him the pregnancy test and he was so happy. He was surprised because we thought Aruba hadn't worked (I had taken 3 pregnancy tests already.)


In retrospect, it made sense. Yesterday evening, Frank gave me a kiss and I said he smelled like peanut butter. He said he had a peanut butter cup...for breakfast at 7am! Our last day in Aruba I was very very nauseated, but I thought it was just because I was scared to fly. In fact, I remember eating at an outside Bistro and I kept my eye on the lady's room because I didn't know if I was going to be sick. I told Frank I just wanted to be able to not be afraid to fly so I didn't feel sick to my stomach. Then, when we got home, I was soooo sleepy. I slept until 1:30 in the afternoon - which is very out of character for me. Frank was proud of me! :) He said I was enjoying my summer vacation by sleeping in. I thought I had jetlag from Aruba...well I sure did have something from Aruba, but it wasn't jetlag - it was the greatest souvenier ever!!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment