01 August 2009

Better Than Terrible

Mom took me to the hospital to get an ultrasound today to see what the cramping was all about. As soon as Dr. Johnson looked at the screen, she asked, "Did you know you had a fibroid?" I had no idea. A what? Apparently I have a 10-12 cm benign tumor growing in the uterine wall. This can have disastrous effects or it can just be "there" sort of as a punching bag for Doodle while s/he's growing (we're, of course, praying for the latter). The fibroid could be inside the uterus completely, which is much more dangerous, so that's better than terrible news. It's also good news that the pain I was feeling was affecting only me and not Doodle - s/he is floating around, blissfully unaware. Thank Heaven

Click HERE to read my fibroid story that was published on The Bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment